The Gay Marriage Wake-Up Call - Robert Oscar Lopez - American Thinker - .........Why the sudden switch from artificial procreation to religious liberty? After three years of intense immersion in family politics (and I mean intense), I have noticed that gay-marriage supporters always want to debate religious liberty. You can and should engage them on the topic of religious liberty, but be aware that they are usually thinking that you are playing into their hands when you do. We must know our enemy and what our enemy wants to sweep under the rug. And the “enemy” in this case is a hyper-analytical Hydra more often than not using reverse psychology and other ruses to trick us. As nasty as you have seen the left acting toward Christian conservatives this last week, in truth, they are far more gracious toward people who object to marriage on religious grounds than they are toward people who object to marriage because they care about children’s rights. I’ve been all around the world fighting for children’s rights to a mother and father, and I’ve seen the same tactics from Italy to Palo Alto. Read more.......... This is a very informative article about this subject, learn more about recent studies that show gay marriage may not benefit children, and what is going on in the legal world regarding this issue that is before the Supreme Court.
The religious liberty law is good policy. It needs no “fix.”
And the proposed “fix” amounts to nothing less than a wholesale repeal of the Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act with respect to those who need religious liberty protections the most. Read more.....
(3) The Case Against Gay Marriage: Top Law Firms Won't Touch It - New York Times - The stacks of Supreme Court briefs filed on both sides of the same-sex marriage cases to be heard this month are roughly the same height. But they are nonetheless lopsided: There are no major law firms urging the justices to rule against gay marriage.
Leading law firms are willing to represent tobacco companies accused of lying about their deadly products, factories that spew pollution, and corporations said to be complicit in torture and murder abroad. But standing up for traditional marriage has turned out to be too much for the elite bar. The arguments have been left to members of lower-profile firms. Read more.......
(4) Big Law Thinks Gay Marriage Opponents Are Like Racist Bigots. That's a Problem - Daily Signal - Sunday’s New York Times stated plainly what many of us have known for a while: Our nation’s elites are intolerant of ordinary Americans.
The reporter for the Times revealed a startling reality: “In dozens of interviews, lawyers and law professors said the imbalance in legal firepower in the same-sex marriage cases resulted from a conviction among many lawyers that opposition to such unions is bigotry akin to racism. Read more.......
- Agenda 21 - Albemarle Co. Comprehensive Plan
- Second Amendment
- Local and State Government Information
- U.S. Congress Contact Information - Library of Congress Bill Search
- Virginia Legislative Information
- Voting Information, Local, State and Federal
- NFRW and VFRW, Link to Va. Rep. Women's Clubs, Membership
- Upcoming Events - Detailed Information
- Contact Us
- Past Events
- Bylaws and Mission Statement
- Award - Scholarship Information