****GET OUT THE VOTE RALLY**** - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2014 - 3:00 - 4:00 PM, Albemarle GOP Headquarters, 455 Albemarle Square, Charlottesville.
(1) GOP Wave? Ed Gillespie Closes to Within 4 Points of Mark Warner in New Poll - Virginia Right - Vox Populi has released a new poll that shows Virginia Senator Mark Warner in serious trouble with his once substantiallead in the polls now down to just 4 points.
Even without this poll added into the mix yet, Mark Warner has gone from a “Safe Democrat” seat to a “Likely Democrat” winner and now Real Clear Politics classifies Virginia as “leans Democrat”.
A Christopher Newport University poll released 3 days ago showed Warner’s lead cut to 7 points. And now it is down to 4. That is solid movement away from the Warner / Obama liberal side of the road.
If Gillespie wins on Tuesday it will be indicate a massive wave for the Republicans. And the polls in Virginia are among the earliest closers, so this is a race to pay close attention to on Election Day. Read more......
(2) Ed Gillespie Offers a Credible Obamacare Alternative - Real Clear Politics - Ed Gillespie, the Republican candidate for Senate in Virginia, stands out the most among the GOP candidates for offering a detailed alternative to the ACA that he can credibly argue would outperform the ACA in several important ways.
The Gillespie plan, which is modeled on the reform proposal developed by the 2017 Project (a group dedicated to advancing a new conservative reform agenda), has several key features. First, it would not disrupt job-based insurance.This is important because there are about 160 million people in employer-sponsored plans, and most workers like their current coverage. They favor reform, but only if it does not upend what they already have and want to keep. The only change Gillespie recommends for employer plans is a new upper limit on the federal tax preference for such plans. Read more.......
Related: Direct Link to Article
Experts Say Obama's Digital Health Records Effort May Be Effectively Dead - Washington Examiner.........
(3) Obama's Trashing of the Economy by the Numbers - Redstate - As you head to the polls next week, ask yourself that quintessential political question: are you better off today than you were 2, 4, or 6 years ago? Hell, are you better off today than you were last year? For the overwhelming majority of Americans the answer is a resounding no.
Though the administration likes to highlight good economic news (remember Recovery Summer) they can only do so by carefully choosing benchmarks against some unique point in the past. When you look at Obama’s overall stewardship of the American economy — let’s not even talk about foreign policy where he has reduced decades of carefully cultivated alliances into a steaming shambles — it has been little short of disastrous. In fact, it is so bad that even the Brits have noticed. From a Telegraph article titled Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers prove it, here are the high points: Read more, see Charts ..........
(4) Coca Cola's Anti-Religious Positions - Redstate - Yesterday, Houston Mayor Annise Parker had to withdraw her subpoenas to Christian pastors in Houston. The mayor demanded several pastors turn over the text of their sermons if those sermons mentioned homosexuality, gay marriage, the mayor, etc.
Turns out the Coca-Cola Company’s Nonpartisan Committee for Good Government gave Mayor Parker’s campaign $1000.00. But that’s not the only time Coca-Cola has supported bigotry toward religious adherents in the country. Read more........
- Agenda 21 - Albemarle Co. Comprehensive Plan
- Second Amendment
- Local and State Government Information
- U.S. Congress Contact Information - Library of Congress Bill Search
- Virginia Legislative Information
- Voting Information, Local, State and Federal
- NFRW and VFRW, Link to Va. Rep. Women's Clubs, Membership
- Upcoming Events - Detailed Information
- Contact Us
- Past Events
- Bylaws and Mission Statement
- Award - Scholarship Information