On March 15, 2012, Albemarle-Charlottesville Republican Women's League held their March Luncheon at Glenmore Country Club. Rob Bell, Delegate, 58th District, known as Thomas Jefferson's seat, representing Albemarle, Fluvanna and Greene Counties in the Virginia House of Delegates, was our featured speaker. Delegate Bell spoke primarily of the past session of the Virginia 2012 Legislative session and shared specific information on Bills, sharing his summary of the various Bills that passed - including Eminent Domain, School Choice, Voter ID requirements - Provisional ballots, Sonogram Bill, and those that failed - Photo ID, Drug Testing of Welfare recipients, Home Schooling (Tebow bill), etc. Rob provided a detailed listing of all bills that passed or failed for our information and education.
- Agenda 21 - Albemarle Co. Comprehensive Plan
- Second Amendment
- Local and State Government Information
- U.S. Congress Contact Information - Library of Congress Bill Search
- Virginia Legislative Information
- Voting Information, Local, State and Federal
- NFRW and VFRW, Link to Va. Rep. Women's Clubs, Membership
- Upcoming Events - Detailed Information
- Contact Us
- Past Events
- Bylaws and Mission Statement
- Award - Scholarship Information
Monday, March 26, 2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012
On February 16, 2012, ACRWL held their annual New Member Coffee at Forest Lakes Club House, with over 50 in attendance. Duane Snow, Member of the Albemarle Board of Supervisors, inducted ACRWL's new officers for 2012. President - Flora Patterson, Vice President Programs - Carroll Hatcher, Vice President Membership - Caroline Taylor, and Recording Secretary - Philomena Dunkl. Officers unable to attend, Treasurer - Jane Kopp and Corresponding Secretary - Audrey Welborn, were inducted in absentia. Caroline Taylor presented a gift of appreciation, an engraved Jefferson Cup, to Codie Peters for her outstanding leadership as President from 2010 through 2011.